[FAQ] Is it possible to notify foreign investment online or in foreign countries?
Updated: Sep 5
Q. Is it possible to notify foreign investment online or in foreign countries?
A. Currently, notification of foreign investment cannot be filed online. In principle, foreign investment cannot be notified in countries outside of Korea, either.
However, a foreign investment notification can be filed in certain countries where the Korea Trade-Investment Promotion Agency (KOTRA) operates overseas FDI offices to render support to foreign investors. The list of such overseas FDI offices is available on the Invest KOREA website (www.investkorea.org ▶ About Us ▶ Contact Us ▶ KOTRA's Overseas Offices Dedicated to Investment
KOTRA’s 36 Overseas FDI Offices
Overseas FDI Offices (Cities)
North America (9)
- US (7): New York, Silicon Valley, LA, Chicago, Dallas, Detroit, Atlanta
- Canada (2): Toronto, Vancouver
- Germany (3): Frankfurt, Hamburg, Munich
- UK (London), France (Paris), Sweden (Stockholm), Denmark (Copenhagen),Spain (Madrid), Netherlands (Amsterdam), Belgium (Brussels), Italy (Milan), Switzerland (Zurich), Austria (Vienna)
Southeast Asia· Oceania (3)
- Singapore (Singapore)
- Australia (2): Sydney, Melbourne
- Japan (4): Tokyo, Osaka, Fukuoka, Nagoya
- Hong Kong, Shanghai, Beijing, Qingdao, Guangzhou - Taiwan (Taipei)
Middle East (1)
*This article is extracted from Invest KOREA information center, 2023