MICE Industry : KOREA Unique Venue
Discover the unique beauty of diverse regions throughout Korea
Every month, in cooperation with the Korea Tourism Industry (KTO), Invest KOREA features one unique region in Korea as an ideal venue for corporate meetings, international conventions, and incentive travels. Read on to find out more on the KTO’s Korea Unique Venue initiatives and plan your next visit to Korea!
What is KOREA UNIQUE VENUE?
The MICE industry is celebrated as the “golden industry without limits” of the 4th Industrial Revolution Era. With the growth of this industry, MICE venues are increasing in variety. Nowadays, corporations and institutions, which have preferred large scale convention centers in the past, are increasingly seeking out special places and experiences, or “unique venues” that showcase traditional local cultures and regional characteristics.
The Korea Tourism Organization regularly selects and promotes such unique venues that can be found all throughout the country—places with a distinct Korean charm that captivate its visitors. After various studies and evaluations on the suitability of the purpose, scale, and size of various events and meetings, the KTO has selected 39 of Korea’s unique venues to fit your various needs.
These 39 “KOREA Unique Venues,” which demonstrate the special characteristics of its respective region, are bound to add color to your events and provide visitors with experiences and memories beyond expectations. Korea’s doors are wide open for you to experience the country’s culture and beauty to their fullest.
Incentives for Organizers
Subjects of incentive support for international meetings (event hosting/global PR and event hosting support)
1. Meetings hosted by international organizations or members of the international organizations, or legal entities & groups which are part of international organizations that fulfill ALL of the following conditions.
- Foreigners from at least 5 or more countries shall participate in the meetings.
- Total number of meetings participants shall be at least 300 or more and foreign participants shall be at least 100 or more.
- The duration of the meetings shall be at least 3 days or longer.
2. Meetings hosted by legal entities & groups which are not a part of international organizations that fulfill ALL of the following conditions.
- Among the meeting participants, total number of foreign participants shall be at least 150 or more.
- The duration of the meetings shall be at least 2 days or longer.
Subjects of incentive support for corporate meetings/incentive tours
1. Visitors should stay in Korea for at least 2 days or longer. * “NOT” applicable for hobby clubs, fan clubs, religious organizations, government officials’ groups, and/or student groups.
2. Among the participants, total number of foreign participants shall be at least 10 or more.
1. Incentive Tour: Incentive Tour Groups (as performance awards), with sponsoring corporations paying for all of tour related expenses for visiting Korea.
2. Corporate meetings: Groups of people who are visiting Korea for meetings hosted by specific corporations for the express purpose of meetings or travels
* Meetings with at least 4 hours or longer shall be included in the official schedule.
* For further details, please visit the K-MICE website at https://k-mice.visitkorea.or.kr.
Seoul : Korean Stone Art Museum
Korean Stone Art Museum is a specialty stone museum where visitors can enjoy about 1,300 Korean stone relics, various trees, and wildflowers. All indoor and outdoor spaces in the Museum can be used as venues for various events. The Roof Top which boasts a large space and a spectacular view, especially, can be used as a venue for banquets and seminars
Venue & Rental Information
Address: 66 Daesagwan-ro 13-gil, Seoul, Korea
Phone Number: +82-2-986-1001
Inquiries: +82-2-986-1001 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Major Events Held in Recent Years: IBA (International Bar Association) 2019 SEOUL/ FORCA (Korea Foreign Company Association) CEO FORUM Dinner Reception(2020)
Source: Korea Tourism Organization, “2022 KOREA Unique Venue”
*This article is extracted from Invest KOREA information center, 2023.